Thursday, August 18, 2005

RVD3: The Apprentice.

[This is a retro-dated blog entry.]

On my 30th birthday, in the spirit of Ray vs. Denise, myself and my friend Denise attempted to re-create The Apprentice for our respective birthdays. In summary, the event was a success and a failure. It was a success in the sense that weeks of planning became reality, and we had 2 competitive teams performing a series of tasks. It was The Apprentice!

The failure was that one cannot selectively recreate only the positive aspects of a reality show without bringing in the negative ones. One team had a lot of fun. They won the most events, and enjoyed their rewards. They were into the game and having a blast. The other team got stuck in an elevator for an hour, became frustrated and bitter. Increasingly so when it came time to fire one of them. Firing your friends was not the smartest of ideas.

So that's the summary of RVD3. It's what I did to celebrate my 30th birthday. The one thing it did show me was that I have an awesome bunch of friends, because let's be honest... who else would volunteer to submit themselves to something like this unless they were your best friends?

To my friends: Thanks for being there, guys. I promise never to do this to you ever again.

No comments: