Sunday, January 11, 2009

Adventures in the World of Goo

I've been an outspoken advocate of the flu vaccine, but this year it failed me. I spent the last week of 2008 in a feverish delirium, with an illness that was suspiciously similar to the flu. For those 7 days, my body was adept at producing massive amounts of phlegm and sweat.

It was not a complete loss though. Once I recovered, I hit the swimming pool again. My body had adapted to breathing with phlegm filled-lungs.... so my phlegm-free lungs now give me the breathing capacity of Michael Phelps! It is SO good to breathe without the constant sensation of drowning in your own phlegm. It makes inhaling chlorinated water look like a walk in the park.


I also downloaded "World of Goo" on my Wii in my feverish delirium. World of Goo is a conceptually original game made primarily by 2 dedicated programmers. The concept is simple, but the levels and story are very quirky and unique. As the name describes, you find yourself in a world of goo, and your task is to create goo-based structures to accomplish a variety of tasks. There is a sandbox mode where you can complete against other players to create the tallest tower of goo. I managed to build mine up to 12 meters before it all came crashing down. If you have a Wii, I strong suggest you get this game.

No comments: