Saturday, September 26, 2009

The truth about "Spending more time with wife and family"

My heart goes out to David Miller's son, who was balling tears during the mayor's press conference. The poor boy is only 14 years old, and I bet he feels personally to blame for his father bringing the entire family to a press conference to announce that THEY are the reason David Miller will not run for mayor again. Little Simon Miller must be thinking "No Dad... You don't have to do that. I don't want you to stop chasing your dreams because of me!"

Hey kiddo, don't worry. Your father is NOT REALLY dropping his career plans because he needs to spend more time with you. That's just something politicians say, because it's more heroic than saying "I'm leaving because I messed things up beyond belief. I'm going to cut my losses and go now." My goodness... David Miller, please explain this your children before the speech! Seriously, that was just awful.


More on: Leaving to spend more time with wife and family

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Say what you will about the man: all I can think is, at least he didn't say he was afraid of being eaten by cannibals in Africa.

Flocons said...

I do respect David Miller as an idealist who has the a good set of values... but being mayor also means you have to take care of the dirty business. To many, Miller failed at being able to handle the dirty business. The city strike was the most obvious example of this, and the nail in the coffin.

celestialspeedster said...

It is time for David Miller to go but I hope the next mayor loves Toronto's neighbourhoods and believes in the TTC as much as Miller did. (I know for a fact that Miller commuted on the god-forsaken TTC. That, alone, is commendable.)