Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Please don't trash my city

Dear angry G20 protesters,

Please don't trash my city. I don't go to your home town to form angry mobs advocating a noncohesive collection of social causes... so I expect the same courtesy from you. Hey, don't get me wrong... I understand where you are coming from. You see, I didn't get invited to the G20 talks either. I'm sure it was an oversight on their part. Did I get all worked up about it? No... I made other plans for the weekend. Hey, I'm sure we'll make it to the guest list next time. I'll even suggest making it a pot luck dinner so the host doesn't have to pay for all the food.

Perhaps you should re-think this whole angry mob strategy. Honestly, I don't know how much mileage you are going to get throwing rocks at windows and spray-painting walls. It's the 21st century after all. Have you considered starting a Facebook group? How about an online petition? A well-put together YouTube video, perhaps? Ooh what about... viral marketing?! Nice ideas, right?

Well, I only wish I posted this blog sooner, because you probably already booked your flights and accommodations. You're probably not going to cancel out on the angry mob at the last minute because they would get even angrier, right? Hmm... well, if you're intent on trashing my city, could I at least suggest you take a look at some of the "beautiful architecture" our city has to offer? It would be a shame if an angry mob where to by and wreck them, forcing our city to re-build something more aesthetically-pleasing in it's place.




PS: Seriously though... don't trash my city. Not even these ugly buildings.

No comments: