Friday, May 12, 2006

There is a hero in all of us.

I've been noticing Hero Certified Burgers franchises popping up here and there. They don't look as scary as burgers from Dangerous Dan's, who name their burgers with such names as the Quadruple Bypass or the Triple Coronary. I decided to order a Hero burger for lunch today.

Hero burgers are pretty much gourmet hamburgers... and I use the term gourmet is a way that is only applicable in North American cuisine. My Hero burger was pretty tasty, and arguably one of the best burgers I've had in recent memory.

My girlfriend had a Soul burger, which is a vegetarian version of the Hero burger. We were quite happy, but also quite hungry a few hours afterwards. In defiance of all logic, the Hero burger was not very filling. It also comes at a fairly steep price tag, which makes me conclude that it will probably be a long time before I have my next Hero burger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

water weight, I hate that!!