Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Engage!

A lot of things have happened since my last post. My blog is deliberately impersonal, but I figured that it's worth mentioning that I am now engaged. Yes, you heard right. Once upon I time, I had resigned myself to a lonely bachelor life, probably ending up as a crazy old man who sits in a rocking chair on a porch with a dog, yelling at the neighbourhood kids as they came back from school. I would frequently use eccentric phrases like poppycock and horse feathers.

That grim future of mine was shattered the day I met my girlfriend. I was running to catch an elevator at work when I first saw her standing inside. I often wonder what would have happened if I had missed that elevator. I spent the next few weeks trying to casually bump into her at work in order to engage in meaningful conversation. When my opportunity came, I was at a loss for words and could only blurt out a basic introduction while holding up my ID badge. It was a terrible start, but she later told me that she thought it was cute and funny. Phew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Corn Flakes! I am very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. If you should get cold feet on your big day, I'll be there to take over for you, just as the back-up should.