Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am not Bobby Lee!

I once had to emphasize that I was not Ice Cube. Well, on a recent trip to New York, I was in Times Square when a very excited woman ran up to me. She was carrying shopping bags in one hand, and pulling a young kid in the other. She began to shout: "Oh my god! You're that guy from MadTV, aren't you?!"

I responded with a shocked expression, very much like the one in this photo of Bobby Lee from MadTV. Before I could respond, my girlfriend jumped in and firmly stated that I was not Bobby Lee, and that I was her boyfriend.

The woman became defensive, assuming that my girlfriend had interpreted her conversation as some kind of bizarre pick-up line, and innocently pointed out that she was a 40 year old woman with a young child and there was no reason to be jealous. The woman quickly walked away, slightly embarrassed.

2 comments:

celestialspeedster said...

What a waste! The correct response would have been:
1."Why, yes! I am Bobby Lee. Would you like my autograph for a mere $5?"
2. "You racist bitch! We all look the same to you. You probably think I enjoy cereal and blogging, too."
3. Rob her shopping bags. She would only be able to identify Bobby Lee as the culprit.

Jason Kerwin said...

I think the proper response is "YOU NOT FUNNY!"