Tuesday, March 27, 2007

C&C3 vs CS3: A Nerd's Dilemma

March 26: The newest offering from Adobe is released in the form of Creative Studio 3. Significant because this is the first release since Adobe's acquisition of Macromedia. I've got my eye on CS3 Web Premium edition, although it's selling at a pretty crazy price.


March 27: The latest installment of Command and Conquer (C&C3) is released today. It's one of my favorite RTS games because of the flexibility of strategic tactics. As my friends know, I'm not a fan of the standard tank rush. C&C offers a wide assortment of more creative and fun options.


On one hand there is a fun game where you destroy things, but it's a big time waster at a point in my life when there's not so much time to spare. On the other hand, a company has assembled all my favourite creative applications into one package... with a reasonable price tag if I buy it though the university. So what's a nerd to do? Productivity or Fun? Create or Destroy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pirate both.

celestialspeedster said...

You choose to update your blog after two months on the same day I update after a two week absence? How convenient!

Flocons said...

I guess you got bored of Facebook around the same time as I have then.

Anonymous said...

Are you actually going to use CS3 at home? If not, you should try to get your workplace to buy it.