Saturday, April 26, 2008

TTC: Go screw yourselves

I cannot believe it. I simply cannot believe this! The city has practically given in to all their demands, and the union members still reject the offer. This is simply ridiculous! 3% pay increases over 3 years and a clause that guarantees them the best transit pay in the GTA, and it's not good enough???

I'm furious! I spent the last week staring at the Booth Monkeys collecting tickets at the subway station with contempt, knowing those lazy asses (sometimes 2 per booth) sit around chatting and reading the paper while they get a 9% raise over 3 years... and now I find out they are willing to strike for MORE!

I bought a car last week, and I'm thinking that it was the right thing to do in light of this. Do you understand what I just said? I'm willing to suffer through rising gas prices, and destroy our planet rather than stuff money into the hungry pie holes of TTC transit workers. Yes, you heard me! I am willing to throw my money at foreign oil-generating nations and poison the planet that my future children will grow up in, rather than give money to that good for nothing ATU Local 113 who are disillusioned if they think that each employee is worth a million dollars!

2 comments:

celestialspeedster said...

I know you are jesting but there are many out there who use their vendetta against the TTC to justify driving their car. I don't think you should punish the planet just because you're angry at the TTC. That's like making the kids pay when you divorce your spouse - unethical and unjustifiable.
Of course, I have my own TTC rant.

Flocons said...

Of course, I'm kidding in the sense that I will use my new car sparingly, and not turn into the SUV-diva's that are described in Vicki's blog.

But seriously, if you want people to give up cars, you need to present them with RELIABLE alternatives. Transit is a big component of that. It doesn't help of Transit workers MANIPULATE your dependency on their service.

In the end, a self-centred Transit Union is just as bad for the environment as a whole fleet of SUV's, because one will eventually lead to the other.