Monday, January 2, 2006

The Cold Turkey Results.

I made a foolish bet with my girlfriend to be under 200 lbs by January 2006. At the beginning of December 2005, my weight was 210 lbs. After some extreme eating and exercise changes, I managed to give myself a killer cold by mid-December, but also got my weight down to 208 lbs.

Now I've been travelling for the last few weeks, stuffing myself with exotic foods and not really following any exercise plan. My girlfriend's family have been making sure I'm very well fed, but I've also been walking around a lot carrying heavy loads in my backpack. I've basically been a packmule for my girlfriend while we've been hitting the busy shopping malls of China and Hong Kong. I feel like I've gained a lot of weight, but also a lot of muscle around the legs and shoulders.

We both went down to the gym to weigh me according to the gold standard. In my T-shirt and shorts, the scale has me at 206 lbs. While I'm amazed that I still managed to lose weight during my vacation feeding frenzy, I'm still over the limit. CRAP! This of course means that I'll be waking up early tomorrow to get to work. I guess it's not so bad. After my vacation, I probably couldn't enjoy a starched-filled buffet of North American food.

This whole exercise is really a preview of RVD 4: The Biggest Loser. It's an event where I will face my nemesis in a bizarre weight-loss competition.

No comments: