Friday, April 1, 2005

Dear TTC: Take this token and shove it!

[An open letter to the Toronto Transit Commission]

Dear Toronto Transit Commission,

I still tell stories of how you forced me to walk from Runnymede to Bathurst every weekday when I was in high school, because you lazy bastards couldn't get your sh!t together. Since 1990, your ridership has been dropping. Now let's reflect on your business plan:

TTC Business Plan thus far:
  1. Overpay TTC employees so that bus drivers make more than city paramedics.
  2. Provide sub-standard service with frequent delays which increases my contact with subway crazies and obnoxious TTC workers.
  3. Fund expensive projects and proposals that have no profit potential under any conditions, such as the Sheppard subway line and the proposed subway extension to York University.
  4. Suggest traffic-snaring ideas that will force commuters to abandon their cars, like streetcar-only lanes on King St.
  5. Threaten to hold an entire city hostage because you want them to complain to provincial and federal governments to increase funding to the TTC, instead of cleaning up your own books.
So TTC, I'm tired of this sh!t. I'm walking to work, and I'm biking everywhere else. I encourage you all to do that same until our transit system stops treating us like crap.

Flocons De Mais

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much appreciated for this very valid rant. If it wasn't for the fact that I am so dependent on public transportation, I'd shit on all their steering wheels. However, as of now, abusing my metropass, I'm violating as many regulations as possible to rip them off as much as possible.