Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dear Wrathful Lich King: Release my friend

[An open letter to Lich King Arthas.]

Dear Lich King,

This letter is of the upmost importance. It has come to my attention that today is the release of your expansion pack for World of Warcraft. Congratulations on all the hard work your subservient minions at Blizzard Entertainment have put into designing this expansion. I understand that this is your time to shine (or to extract wrathful vengence on your enemies), but a life hangs in the balance... it is the social life of my friend who used to be the drummer for my former dragon boat team.

You see, I have not seen my dear friend since he has been consumed by the world of MMORPG. As we speak, I believe that he is becoming hopelessly entangled by your WoW expansion: Wrath of the Lich King. Please let him go, your wrathfulness. He would not be a very good minion, and he catches colds rather easily. Not the sort that you would want to be carrying out your vengeful bidding in Northrend.

The fact is that my friend is only one of the many people flocking to your expansion. There are sleep-deprived and food-deprived gaming junkies that are furiously clicking away in honour of your frosty glory, your Lichness. In fact, there are probably two gamers in South Korea that are already unconcious with their foreheads on their keyboards. Please let them go, Lich King. Let my people go!

PS: I have written a similar letter a long time ago to George Lucas concerning Star Wars: Galaxies.

No comments: